ANTHONY DAVID MORROW
Cerritos, CA 90703
Creative and analytical marketing, advertising, sales, and public relations craftsman. Leader and teammate with 10+ years of success. Drives revenue through strategic planning, budgeting, and day-to-day execution. Recognized for exceptional quality of work, detailed follow through, and big-picture, innovative solutions. Strong, diplomatic communication skills and collaboration with all levels of internal and external contacts. Champion of marketing, sales, and operations coordination for integrated brand communication and better consumer/customer relationships.
PRIMARY / CONSULTANT – 1999 to present
ADM – Advertising | Design | Marketing | Public Relations – Cerritos, CA
Independent marketing consulting and services to a broad range of industries, including real estate, arts, entertainment, and sports and fitness.
- Develop marketing and PR plans, strategies, and collateral to support client business goals.
- Create, revise, and refine selling, informational, and promotional tools, including: websites, SEO, SEM, PPC, social media identities, press releases, email campaigns/blasts, newsletters, presentations, logos, brochures, business cards, postcards, POP displays, and signage, along with supporting graphics, audio, video, and multimedia components.
- Success Story: Website and fan communication development for an independent music group. Achieved a 600% increase in website traffic, 75% increase in event attendance, many trade press pick-ups, and several industry awards.
MARKETING MANAGER – 2007 to 2012
Storage Solutions / Barker Pacific Group / Union Development Co. – Los Angeles, CA
Storage Solutions is the self-storage division of UDC and real estate development company BPG.
- Managed all aspects of marketing, advertising, and public relations, focused on the brand and performance growth of the self-storage portfolio.
- Developed marketing plans and strategies to support individual storage facility locations; planned and implemented targeted marketing and advertising activities.
- Guided business through an unprecedented period of fierce competitive growth and economic and real estate downturn – all while establishing a successful brand identity for the newly created company.
- Grew internet presence and transactions: established pay-per-click advertising (PPC), email marketing, and social media programs, improved organic search rank with SEO, local search listings, and use of multimedia.
- Tracked and analyzed program performance to optimize ROI: reduced marketing budget by 28% over four years and delivered higher leads/traffic (+23.1%) and more customers (+13.5%) at lower cost per acquisition.
- Secured $45M in JV equity investment for new portfolio (by presenting a business plan showing in-place marketing and operations) after existing properties were sold to a publicly-traded REIT.
TERRITORY MANAGER: SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA / SOUTHERN NEVADA – 2007 to 2007
Beverages & Beyond Brands, Inc. – Charlotte, NC
BYB is the new, non-carbonated beverage division of Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated.
- Obtained key distributor and retail outlet distribution, sales, and advertising support for all BYB brands.
- Developed and maintained key account relationships at the senior management level.
- Created sales plans for each customer to enhance speed to shelf and increase consumer take-away.
- Developed and executed regional and field marketing activities to generate consumer awareness and trial.
- Communicated market conditions and competitive activities; recommended plans to protect and grow market share.
- Ensured placement of product, point of sale materials, and off-shelf display activity at agreed upon support levels.
ACCOUNT MANAGER, SALES OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (SOS) – 2004 to 2005
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE/MANAGER – 1998 to 2004
MARKETING ASSOCIATE, RETAIL OPERATION REPRESENTATIVE – 1997 to 1998
Coinstar, Inc. – Bellevue, WA
Coinstar provides self-service coin counting, prepaid products (wireless, long distance, debit/cash cards, gift cards, eCertificates,) financial services (payroll cards, money transfers), amusement vending, and front-end category management.
- Business development and relationship growth with major retail accounts (e.g. grocery, drug, convenience) for kiosks and e-payment programs; increased customer accounts by 220% and total kiosk install base by 63% over seven years.
- Negotiated contracts: e.g. signed major supermarket chain to a three-year agreement worth $15 million in gross revenues, including new revenue-producing products and services and core-business exclusivity.
- Increased transactions, sales, and revenue by establishing and promoting effective demographic and community targeted marketing activities, such as co-op advertising and promotional programs.
- As SOS (Sales Operations Supervisor), coordinated critical sales communication strategies and collateral documentation and acted as “voice of customer” and primary liaison between various internal departments and sales team, ensuring customer requirements and satisfaction were consistently met.
- Organized and executed regional public relations and media events and performed as spokesperson resulting in millions of impressions from print, radio, and television media outlets.
- Rapidly promoted to critical roles by demonstrating quick ability to understand business and meet company and client needs and goals. Recognized as a strong performer, innovator, and leader, receiving multiple awards and recognition: Sales Employee of the Year (‘02), Sales Outstanding Performance (‘99, ‘00), Company Award nominee (Q1-‘01).
DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS – 2007 to 2009
EDITOR, WEBMASTER, SPONSOR LIAISON – 2002 to 2006
NEWSLETTER EDITOR, SPONSOR LIAISON – 1999 to 2002
Velo Allegro Cycling Club – Long Beach, CA
Velo Allegro is a bicycle recreational fitness and racing membership organization.
- Developed and executed public relations plan and strategy to grow general club recognition and awareness, increase membership, and gain sports marketing sponsorship revenues.
- Nurtured sponsor relationships and created an attractive and convincing annual sponsorship proposal and message.
- Created and maintained website, online resources, and print and digitally published newsletter.
- Created compelling content. Acquired and managed story components (e.g., news, photographs, and video).
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ADVERTISING SALES REPRESENTATIVE – 1996 to 1998
Bicycle Racing Monthly – San Diego, CA
MARKET RESEARCH FIELD INTERVIEWER, DATA & STATISTICAL ASSISTANT – 1996 to 1997
ID Entity – Diamond Bar, CA
ASSISTANT MANAGER / MERCHANDISING & NEW STORE SETS SPECIALIST / CLERK, DEPARTMENT HEAD – 1992 to 1997
American Stores / Sav-On Drug Stores – Buena Park, CA
B.A., Business Administration, Marketing – California State University, Fullerton
SKILLS & PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
- Advanced computer experience (Windows, Mac) with strong applications proficiency, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Lotus Notes, and others.
- Completed FranklinCovey’s “7 Habits of Highly Effective People” workshop.